Wednesday, September 17, 2008

We Are The Hero of Our Own Story [Revisited]

Yesterday, I was the Table Topic Master for another Toastmasters weekly meeting. When I squezzed my brain out of my cranium to find a suitable theme, one word that tickled my synapses was...

"power"

Why power?

Blame it on the political chaos in Malaysia. :P

So, there I was, brainstorming with Nico about the suitable theme for the meeting. While I was pointlessly crapping about my success in drawing groups of circles for my Biology assignment, another word lingered in my mind.

"super"

Yes, the theme was superpower".

I want to see how people would respond if they were suddenly to be given such a strong power. What would they do? Below are the superpowers that I chose for the Table Topic Session.

  • Magical powers, the ability to use magical forces to simulate other powers, such as mind control and elemental attacks.
  • Accelerated healing, the ability to heal in a very very short time.
  • Bone manipulation, the ability to manipulate the bones in one's body, which include the generation of new bone mass, projecting bones out from the skin, and bones rearrangement.
  • Duplication, the ability to create physical copies of oneself.
  • Sonic scream, the ability to generate vocal sounds of a higher amplitude than a normal human.
  • X-ray vision, the ability to see through solid objects.
  • Omni-linguism, the ability to understand any forms of language.
  • Beautifying spit, the ability to enhance the appearance of something or someone by spitting. 
Here are some interesting responds from fellow Toastmasters:
  • On beautifying spit: Is it hygenic?
  • On bone manipulation: I can work at the circus, performing freakshow. Then, I can jump from KLCC.
  • On duplication: You wanna use your duplicates to help you study, but what will happen to all copies of yourself after you finish studying?
  • On accelerated healing: If I can heal others, then doctors wouldn't have a job.
  • On X-ray vision: I will put a knife in my mouth and do this. (wth??)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wish more people came. gotta admit, the theme u chose was superb! XD especially for people with high imagination. i just lack creativity. hehe...

Pison The Great said...

Haha... Yeah? TQ. :D

I just hope future Table Topic Masters would pick more interesting themes.

This is when you test your creativity! XD