Saturday, September 20, 2008

SuO Day 2 ~Happy Ending?~ [Part 1]

This is one reason why I have been wanting to record my experience in SuO; INTEC would suck up my time to blog. True enough, I have to update my blog at a minimum frequency these days. Otherwise, I would have to throw Biology out of my dusty window.
No regrets. Bio is fun, anyway.
*****
The last match was intriguing; we lost by one point. The tense moment - unforgettable.
Unfortunately, more to come.
INTEC Wildcats vs SMU (Singapore)
Our first match for the second day was against SMU from Singapore. One thing about Ultimate community here is that it is well established and strongly supported by various organizations. Just look at the number of teams here, and the way they play is awesome. I even think that all of them are at least at our (Wildcats) level.
Back to SMU and Wildcats.
And so, it began with a bang.
From the looks of it, since they were wearing red jerseys, it felt almost like fighting against Lagi Shiok again. No surprise there, since both teams hail from Singapore. I guess they have been trained by the same coaches, if not being organized by the same body.
It was another nerve-wracking battle. The clash between the two color-contrasting teams created another heated atmosphere among the adrenaline-poisoned spectators.


"UP!"



"kick it if you have to"



"Nego time"



"Joshua with his mouth widely open to catch the disc :P"


INTEC Wildcats vs SMU, 6-7


Another universal! Damn...

"Mixing up Photo - Wonder of Ultimate"

Another match lost because of a universal point. With the same score, just like the previous games lost in the same way.

But one thing about Ultimate is that no matter how pissed off you are on the field, with countless calls and violations, arguing neck to neck, mixing up will be the best part of all, either you win or lose. Not that I'm being biased; other sports do this mixing thingy as well, but in Ultimate, it's just... automatic. :D

Anyway, we lost. Grief to Wildcats, especially the injured Hazwan. Qam kept on ranting on the fact that we could have won and that SMU was not a team worth losing to. I, on the other hand, was mentally relaxed since I thought that the match against SMU was the last game. I thought that there was no hope to improve our ranking. I thought that this loss spelled the end of Singapore Ultimate Saga.

Then,

*Matt, running from the command post*

Matt: Guys, listen. We have another match. Against Soicowboys. Drunk Thais.

*Total silence*

I thought that the red-and-blue mixing up was the happy ending. Crap.

No comments: