Tuesday, October 23, 2007

What is Mole Day?

Hi there. I really miss Chemistry sooo much that I leaped in joy when Mdm Kayz (pronounced as kay-zed), my SMSk chemistry teacher, has sent an SMS, reminding me about The Mole Day. Well, I kinda miss the day, too, for when I was still at school, she would conduct some activities regarding to the number of mole and stuff.

And, to those who don't have the slightest idea of what Mole day really is, let's check it out.

"Mole Day is an unofficial holiday celebrated among chemists in North America on October 23, between 6:02 AM and 6:02 PM[1], making the date 6:02 10/23 in the American style of writing dates. The time and date are derived from the Avogadro constant, which is approximately 6.022×1023, defining the number of particles (atoms or molecules) in a mole, one of the seven base SI units."

~taken from wikipedia.com~

Ok, so Happy Mole Day to everyone!!!

1 comment:

blurryfella87 said...

demn..
i thought that mole day was that taik lalat day at first..
whahahahahah..adeh..