Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Aiyo... What is Happening?

It's still raining!!!







It has been pouring for three days, as if the genie is peeing from the sky. At least that's what my father always told me, telling me weird stories about how rain and lightning occurs when I was still a child.



I fear that Shah Alam might be in flashflood in no time. Still remember the Johor flood occured the early part of the year? I was there.



Johor flood was totally a big hit, but thank God my homes were not flooded. Do you know that the flood in Johor actually happened twice? One after another, and the best part is that no one had ever expected that. It only took four consecutive days of raining enough to flood Kluang and immobilize the town for two weeks.

And now, it's been three days in Shah Alam. Jeez...

One thing about Shah Alam is that the weather here is very unpredictable. One minute it's damn scorching hot, the next it's drizzling, which gradually transforms into heavy pouring. In places I've resided before, I could somehow grab the weather pattern and was able to predict the weather. More often than not, almost 80% of my predictions were reliable. Sound like magic? Naahh... Merely geography general knowledge. :0)

But not in Shah Alam.

Actually, as if my worries were answered, I found a copy of Newsweek Sept 24 on Eric's table after I had my humble lunch. And, one of the articles corresponded to my thought, but in a loose way.

Very loose way.

"This was a week for warnings. U.S government scientists announced that the Artic ice cap is melting even more rapidly than they had feared; by 2050, 40% of the ice cover in the Artic Ocean could be gone, a loss that wasn't supposed to happen in 100 years. One scientist called the news 'astounding'. Since greenhouse gases linger for decades, even drastic reductions in emmisions won't be enough to prevent further decline."

~The Moment, Nancy Gibbs, Newswekk, Sept 24 2007~

Sounds scary?

After reading the excerpt, are you thinking that there might be a fine link between global warming and the irregular weather behaviour throughout the nation, if not the world? Is this the beginning of the worse to come, as what we had predicted in our OC campaigns?

Or were you laughing your ass out, and are still, saying that I'm overthinking about it?

It's up to you. If you laugh, I hope your home will be visited by mud soon.

Man, it's still raining!!!

P/S: I found some pictures that are related to global warming, which are interesting enough to be made as wallpapers. Enjoy, and think. :0)





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank god i study in subang..~~~:p~~~

haha

no lah...
ive oso been thinkin bout dis issue currently (really???)
since al-gore juz won the nobel prize 4 d climate-change thingy..
lets juz hope 4 d best..

Pison The Great said...

hope for the best? How? Just sit under the sun and hope for the best? Things are getting worse, pal, at least that's what I'm witnessing now.

Has the degree of pollution ever decrease lately? No.

Has the world become less hotter? I dont think so.

Well, I dont know whether I should hope for the best or not...