Monday, October 22, 2007

The Rare Gathering...

Sob expanded his wings of generosity, and he wanted to invite me on a meal!! It's so rare of him to spend his money on people, so I grabbed the golden opportunity to enjoy free gourmet. Hehehe...









And so, we met at Sunway Pyramid. Miraculously, this time, no janji Melayu or janji Tambi happened. I arrived at 11 and so did Sob. One person, though managed to maintain the janji tambi status: Azman...

Well, rather than having brunch per se, we had a lenghty discussion at the Pizza Hut. We sounded as if we're businessmen, or masterminds of some sort of a secret organization, whichever you wish to label us.

You know why?


We talked about politics, and the government's hot issues...


And it was at Pizza Hut.


It may sound too old for 18-year-old teens to be worried about these stuff, but in this fast-pacing world, nothing is too late. Indeed, nothing is too early.


Truth to be told, I've never talked about these issues with my friends back at INTEC. In Boston, in particular, some people would even disparage me for talking about politics. WTF??


I vividly remembered one of the girls saying this to me,



"I'm not that old to be worried about politics.'



...............SHIT.



Well, guess what, she looks way OLDER than my aunts. Seriously.


I always hear this nonsense that students are encouraged to develop critical thinking, but what I see so far is very demotivating. Not only that students often give stupid answers in discussions, but they also fail to take a stand in arguments. Hmm... All great minds are gathered here, yet the outcome is not up to expectation?


Never did I think that some of my friends actually think of politics and world issues in depth, since teenager's normal interests are mainly focused on fashion trends, style, celebs, and whatnot. To be frank, I was utterly bewildered when Azman started the ball's rolling.


"Businesss...bla,bla,bla... Vision...yada,yada,yada...life...flying next year...wealth...vision...politics...business...yada,yada,yada..."


We were engaged in a hot debate about these issues, accompanied by two hot plates of PIZZA!! Yumm... And, it was a loooong outing, since we went from shops to shops, perusing over the tees and shorts, window shopping for a sweet 3 hours!!! I never thought that males can spend sooo much time window shopping as the girls always do. Hehehe...














There was also an exhibition of horse sculptures being painted with water colours. I don't know whether creativity is appropriately used, so you readers decide OK?

























Well, it's a very very rare outing; Sob is being generous!! Hahaha...


No comments: