U shud've joined me today! I went to the MPH Midvalley, and in two silent hours, I managed to finish reading a book! Yeay!
Then, I watched a movie that I've been telling kruz about - The Kingdom!!


Guyz out there, I know this kinda movie is hard to assimilate, but if you think you are a heavy thinker, this is a must-watch movie! I don't know. Everything seems soo nicely put into their respective places.
Well, I try my best not to spill any spoilers into this entry. Not that you readers would want to watch it, anyway. Am I right, Pison? :)
For me, I was totally effusive because the movie is about the major contradiction between the muslim extrimists (e.g Osama Laden, but he's not in the story) and those contremporary ones. And not forgetting the invovement of the Americans in this movie. Yes, they are involved, too.
Setting? The movie was shot in United Arab Emirates, so the location really demonstrates the Islamic culture there.
I won't tell you the details right here, but one significant thing that happened was when everyone was flocking out once the movie was over, I saw almost 80% of the audience were wiping their eyes!!
Really, they were wiping their eyes! I didn't know what had happened, but the movie itself was evocative, you know.
OK, it seems that I really have to spill some spoilers. It's about the terrorism that happened in The UAE, whereby two suicide bombings happened, killing a lot of American oil company workers & one FBI officer.
So, five FBI officers, led by Fleury (Jamie Foxx), fly their way illegally to UAE to investigate the serious crime. And, not forgetting the great Jennifer Garner, who acted as Janet. :)
The most evocative part was when Jeneral Al-Ghazi (also the star of the movie) performing the solat, showing the real and nice part of Islamic teaching. How can the terrorist call themselves 'muslim' if they permit blood spilling when there are other better ways to solve conspiracies? Thinking of the fate of the Muslim community throughout the globe, I was reduced to tears.
Say whatever you want. I feel for my faith.
And, General Ghazi is a very good actor, considering that he's not a Hollywood actor. Really, I think I'm not paying him justice if I'm not saying he's the best actor in the movie.
Three words to describe The Kingdom:
*Breathtaking*
*Evocative*
*eye-opener*
Action-packed? Definitely!! You should see how I bit my straw...
I walked my way out of the GSC, satisfied. I wish someone accompanied me watching tis movie. My head is about to explode I need someone to talk to about this movie.
Psion, this is something eccentric about me. I'm eager to disscuss every movie I've watched, but if I know my friends haven't watched I won't tell them the details. I would just say,
"It's damn good! I told you to watch it. Don't you regret it?"
Hehehe...

4 comments:
Good that you didn't watch Beowulf instead. Lol. Beowulf was boring. XD
Yeah... Thnk God!! Hehehe...
hey even mr magorium is not any better =(
Izzit? i knew it.. Hehehe... u shud try The Kingdom... The Golden Compass is almost out!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment