Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Day I Kicked My Aunt The Earth Got Transported 3 Times To Impending Doom But Love Saved The Day Eventually

Try enunciate that in one breath, and you'll look like a retarded gold fish. 

I had a movie marathon today, and I watched 2 movies back to back, even though I was planning for 3. They don't show "Yes Man" here. Weird as it may sound, "Histeria" was a full house, and I was freezing in the movie hall because the audience didn't even fill 25% of the seats. 

So The Day The Earth Stood Still and Transporter 3 were on the dinner plates that went right into the drain.


Transporter 3

If you are someone who have a soft spot for movies that have incessant car chasing scenes and kungfu fights with very messy plot, this movie is a perfect fit for you. Mundane actions are always there, as if you have a deja vu while watching (same fighting choreography from the two previous movies).

Hafidz: Aaaah, this fighting scene!!... Wait, wasn't that in the first movie? Eh, it came out in the second movie too! Ok... zomgwtfbbq...

Jason Statham is always fantastic when it comes to chest-kicking and wicked driving, but is very painstakingly slow in comprehending pickup lines and enjoying sex. A virgin? A homo? Leave that to your wild curiosity. :P

Still, the stunts are awesome! If there's anything positive that I have to say, it's the way how he survived from the lake, when he couldn't leave the car (if he does, the bangle around his wrist will go Kapoot!). His saving his life was a very original way even Bond would not have thought of.

Ok, I'm assuming. Cut me some slack, please. :P

Tomatometer: 36%, rotten. *www.rottentomato.com*

The Day The Earth Stood Still

The plot was nicely building, but I couldn't help to notice that its power to engage the audience declined. Exponentially. very bad up to a point that I left during the ending, because it was too predictable.

And too many sub plots underdeveloped. Cliche. How did they manage to build the tunnel to dissemble GORT? How come they left Klaatu, the alien by Keanu Reeves, alone with the interrogator? Why would US Military launch an immediate assault to an alien without giving it a chance to making its stand clear to us? Why the secretary of The USA wanted the media to make a cover story to the nation when other countries have announced to their people what they really see?

Haish. The 1951 version was a phenomenal movie; this remake makes a stupid joke out of its reputation. zomgwtfbbqwatermelontomatomansuperpowers...

Keanu Reeves delivered very well in becoming an enigmatic alien who has no capacity to have feelings like humans do, but eventually he finds out the "love". Jennifer Connelly, an Oscar winner, had a somewhat average performance due to the ridiculous scripts and plots.

The spoiled boy? Don't make me start.

From what I've read before I watched TDTESS 08, GORT, the robot that takes care of Klaatu's safety, was supposed to be awesome! However, expect sheer disappointment in this remake. The fabulous CGI was fabulous enough to save it. Still, I think it's cool. XD

Tomatometer: 20%, rotten *www.rottentomato.com*

==========

LOTT: nobody wants to be the last one there... Nickelback, "Gotta Be Somebody"

4 comments:

Nasz said...

TRANSPORTER 3 was awesome!!!
I've just watched it yesterday...
the survival from the lake was very original!!!but..the "package" is not beautiful..that's what I'm disappointed of..n she likes to talk about food...hahaha...

Pison The Great said...

the package wasn't even ugly! She's FUGLY!!!


awesome? have u watched the othr two?

SuE RaY said...

yipee, u agree that the day the earth stood still was rotton..

high five man..
:D

Nico said...

You watched the 1951 one? Whoaaa.