Sunday, November 16, 2008

Underestimating People Is Suicidal

I woke up very early today because INTEC Wildcats had a league to win! Yeah! This league is the first Ultimate-related activity, since the memorable SuO. And pretty much, we learned a lot.

And lost a lot. To list one out, it's stamina.

Well, let's go to the analysis later. For now, chronological order. :D

At 6am, all of us gathered at the guard house. AS USUAL, Malaysian Rubber Time could sneak in in any situation, and ours was not an exception. We departed at 6.30am. No big deal.

Before we headed to the field, which is in Cheras, I had a deja vu.

7-11, a must-stop :D

Straight to the games. We had two games today, going against Flying Naan (why amI not surprised?) and Oops from UoNottingham.

Preparing for the first match

The PGRM Field



Of contact lenses and posers :P


INTEC Wildcats vs Flying Naan (5-10)

INTEC Wildcats vs Oops (7-6)

*****

I was not utterly bewildered when we were thrashed by the Flying Naan. Seriously, even yesterday's last minute training did not help at all. I mean, what can you do in 2 hours of cutting drills and no strategy planning? Some of us were always stuck to the idea "alaa, men biase jer", but let me ask you, what does "main biase" really mean?

Is it playing casually and leaving everything to chance, or just letting the other team step on you?

That's what has been bothering me. We have done horizontal and offensive strategy if we are 'cupped' back in Singapore, but even at that time, the application of these strategies was chaotic.

I was hoping that we practiced on how to apply the strategies. Depending on Hazwan ALONE would not help Wildcats. At all.

Some of the new players even heard the term "horizontal" for the first time right before the match. Tell me that's not devastating.

Another thing that was bothering me on the field was underestimating Oops. Shit! During half time, we did not even have a team talk to reflect on our game play. Instead, everyone was joking around and smiled their way to the field. Clearly, that is a sign of defeat.

Once you look down to your opponents, that's when you are the most vulnerable. I learned that from Survivor. Hehehe...

And we did not scored a single point during the 2nd half. That's why it was 7-6. At the end of the 1st half, the score tally was 7-2.

Tell me that's not underestimating the other team.

I hope the next episode of Mully 2008-2009 would be a better one.

*****

On the less serious note, I did enjoy myself. Being part of Wildcats has never been a resentment; instead, it's what shapes my life in INTEC. All the laughter and stupid remarks we had made my day, eve though I'm now tired to the highest degree.

Some people were caught stalking Nawal. :P




You guys really look like professional stalkers. Coongratulations. :D

17 comments:

Nasz said...

erm..
what are u playing actually??
hehe..
wildcats huh?
who r u on the team?
troy bolton?
haha..

Pison The Great said...

What am I playing?

Urm, it is a sport called "Ultimate Frisbee". So google or wiki it up. :D

Wei Young said...

u r right! Too complacent for the previous triumph will certainly bring disaster...

learn frm the lesson and retrieve the success. Gambatte!

Pison The Great said...

TQ, life discoverer. :D

Yuinyi said...

Qam looked so happy stalking. The other two looked like control macho. =P

Nawal has a boyfriend, FGS. =P

Pison The Great said...

They were like, "oops, jatoh... Ehhh, nape x tgkap", stuff like that, while I, on the other hand, stalked them... Hahaha...

Owh, I wish I had a DSLR!!

Anonymous said...

sape nawal n DSLR??

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pison The Great said...

Nawal tu budak yg diorg usha...

DSLR tu "camera hitam"! XD

Nico said...

cheras, never called me pun. if not, boleh pergi tengok. ish, ish, ish.

Pison The Great said...

Like, d'oh!

I dun knw u'r staying at Cheras. :P

Next match, 29 Nov perhaps?

Baizura said...

rekikurniawahyu sungguh begaya wuuuu~~! hahahah the most unique name ever!

Pison The Great said...

hahaha... berbau sinis gitu... :P

SuE RaY said...

wow.
my fren playing for flying naans..
cool..

yeah man, u guys played..
damn cool..

Pison The Great said...

I know. Jess guarded me, which was futile. Hahaha...

Nasz said...

owh..
i already know the game..
u already explain it 2 me last year..
i'm just knida blur with what game r u playing..
hehe..
if i'm not mistaken u didn't mention about the game u're playing..

Pison The Great said...

hoo... haha... please refer to my facebook note about ultimate frisbee, okeh? :D

Hope it triggers the best interest in ur mind, dude. :D