I still remember that during my childhood, I always waited for Survivor Borneo at 10pm every Friday, along with my parents and aunts. They were crazy about this reality show, and so was I.
But that was years ago.
Now, it's season 17 already, and this game is still my numero uno!
Season 17 comprises of casts that come from different backgrounds, and one significant characteristic that we need to focus on is their age range. Some are just college students (and one of them is a world class gamer), while at the same time there's this old crappy 61-year-old lady.
If you ask me why I'm so into this game, it's because I've been in such a situation - or similar to it.
All thanks to PKTR 2006. :D
*****
The activity was called Gunung Berapi (volcano). In this
No one is allowed to commit suicide a.k.a volunteer self.
-----
And as for my team, which was named "GOAL" by me out of time constraint (I know, GOAL sounds lame and sucks, but no one contributed any productive idea), we had a very heated quarrel because we were not that united. I was recently appointed as the leader, since my predecessor did not do very well in leading GOAL. Sounds like Fang tribe in Survivor Gabon. :P
So, in GOAL, everyone was given the opportunity to give an opening statement to tell the team why they should board the helicopter. And as for me, I told them that I'd given my all in most of the challenges that involved competition among the groups and that I'd been a reliable teamplayer. I should remain in the group.
Others even said that they loved their family, they were the hopes of their family blablabla... Hahaha... As if I wasn't.
Conflict is sweet, don't you think? :P
After 15 minutes of non-stop arguing, we still hadn't reached any decision. No name was nominated.
And suddenly, this noisy girl said straight to my face:
"You know what, I think we should leave you on the island because you are the leader of our team. A leader should be ready to sacrificefor his/her people. I'm sorry, Hafidz."
And I was like, OMG. How naive!
As silly as it was, I defended myself:
"Hey, look. Since I'd replaced the leadership of the team, GOAL performed really good. In fact, better than what the previous leader had achieved! I don't even think..."
Then, Tan Foo Piew, the previous leader of GOAL, interrupted:
"I'll stay, because of my leadership, I have made this team divided."
There I was, awestruck, wide-eyed, wide-mouthed. This was unpredictable.
2 minutes left, and no decision had been made. DECIDE!
Hidayah, the one who voted for me, was tearing. And so were others. So was I.
Tan was the outcast, not chosen by us, not volunteered by Tan, but because of wordlessness... And I'll never forget what happened that day.
*****
That's pretty much the reason why I loooove Survivor very much. Readers, you should hunt for it. :D
P/S: What happened in PKTR 2007 was even more unpredictable and surprising! :P

3 comments:
yup. I'll never forget experiencing 'Gunung Berapi' too... why do u say PKTR 2007 is more unpredictable and surprising? from a faci's point of view is it?
WAAARGGHHH!!!... oh pheesh..
when i look at it your way, i sounded soooo cheesy in my gunung berapi.. haha
Never too late to learn I hope..
really appreciate your comment. thank you... :)
Post a Comment