Sunday, September 9, 2007

The Battle.........



Hello, there!! This week was full with excitement; the best event was...

T h e B a t t l e o f M i N D S a.k.a BOM!!!!

Yes, it was a debate tournament whereby thousands of brains clashed among each other to come up as the champion in debating. Also, this is a special platform to prove to everyone who despice debaters out there that WE ARE NOT PRODUCING NERDS!!! Hehehe...

It was totally fun, despite the fact that Ben & I had to crack our brains to come up with arguments. It wudn't be wise to enter a debate arena without anything to say; it's like jumping into a pit of cobrassssss.....

At 1st, i didn't want to participate, having the assumption that the event will b flooded with nerdies and their counterparts. Indeed, I was totally wrong during the Registration Day; unexpected people came with intense enthusiasm!!! I didn't believe my eyes at 1st, but so it happened.

During the prelim round, we had to debate in 4 rounds, and the motions are as followed:

1) This house would abolish vernacular schools in the name of national unity.

2) THW have compulsory AIDS testing b4 marriage.

3)THBT The Malaysian National Service shud b replaced with environmental service.

4)THW ban ransoms of whatever kinds.

Ben & I won the 2nd & 3rd debate, lost heavily in the other 2 debates. But we managed to break into quarter final!!! What an achievement...

Then, the motion for the quarter final round is:

THW ban cock fighting.

And so we lost.

But hey, experience can hardly be gained without trying it ourselves, right?

Plus, among many many speakers, I was named as one of the Top 10 Speakers. That's SOMETHING to b proud of, man!!!

And, a special eulogy to A.D.A.M from ACTP 1 for guiding us, the Boston debaters, to prepare for the biggest balttle ever-The Battle of MiNDS!!!! Thanks!!!!

No comments: