Saturday, July 21, 2007

Celebrate The Day!!! Lalalala...


OMG, It didn't happen as I planned!! I thought after burning my midnight's oil for typing my assignment, I could wake up as early as 5.30, but apparently, I didn't! Instead, I jumped out of my bed, hands slithering to find my spectacles, then viciously looking for my handphone and my heart would have exploded; it's 7.17 am!!!!! As if the world was going to be attacked by Death Eaters, I took a quick bath, and sprinted to the bus station waiting for the 'efficient' RapidKL...





It was a long moment, minutes felt like years, as I had to wait for the bus to fetch me to PKNS. Then, without hesitation, I jumped from the bus and dashed to SACC Mall, where I had made my pre order. What I found out next was far beyond expectation...





It was empty. Yes, dead silence. I was one out of 5 people waiting out of the SACC Mall, wondering why the complex door didn't slide to let us through.Staring incredulously at the West Entrance, I began to switch my 'Harry Potter Senses' on, as if finding my way into the Ministry of Magic Office! Hehehe... I circled the Mall, and later found out that the Main Entrane a.k.a Southern Entrance was slightly open for us to penetrate into the lifeless building.





It was a small opening, big enough to let a person with a mass of 53 (or less) to go through. I wondered how makciks and pakciks would enter. Filled with excitement, I ran to the escalator to get my hands on my book, as fast as I could. How weird could that be?





When I got my adult version of The Deathly Hallows, my hands were somewhat trembling. It's finally the end of a damn long, long adventure. Some people would say I'm truly obsessed and possesed by Harry Potter( say whatever you want), but it was far from the truth. At the bookstore, I thought lots of people would make a beeline for the counter, but it was as easy as entering it and waving 'bye bye' to the workers. you get the idea? No one was there, aside from unsatisfied customers who protested to the MPH manager about the big difference in price of the book compared to that of what TESCO offered. Yes, it was a HUGE difference, but as long as I could read it, I don't care.








When I walked out of the mall, I was ironically disappointed and sad. Reading habit is still an alien to Malaysians. Some would easily provoke that only nerdies read books, but to succeed in life, there's nothing can help you except knowledge. I expected a big crowd at the mall, yet it was the other way round. Some of my INTEC friends would even claim that buying books is wasting money!!! I can't believe this at all.





We are sending these so-called smart students abroad to gain more knowledge for the benefit of our own country, but can it be achieved if a simple thing such as reading is scarce? Well, for those of you who think money is everything, guess what; Spending your gold on books is a good investment.





I can't wait to continue reading The Deathly Hallows!!! I'm halfway towards the ending, so enjoy!!! Hobey-HO!!!!!








This is my latest book.

No comments: