Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Remembering You... All of You




~Harmonica is always a good memory keeper~


It was a normal parting, with family members and friends accompanying those Petronas scholars loyally at the international departure gate. 7 of them were about to go to France to achieve their long-awaited dreams.


Yet, it was different from a normal parting.


Apart from the fact that we are in AYTR, we hardly know each other. The friendship among us is very unique, one that does not need years to bloom. Only two weeks.


Or much less than that. For my case, at least. :P


I arrived exactly at 8.00pm, and KLIA has never failed me with its architecture, embellished with simplicity. When the bus reached the platform, I rushed to the international departure gate without breaking even an inch of my stride, momentum-building with each step.


When I saw those familiar faces, a smile was etched on my face...


*****

"It's time for us to go, Danial," said Nadira, a sense of reluctance was evident from her voice.


Who wouldn't feel so, when you had to leave at 10.00pm, and their entering the gate was 10.30pm?


Hafidz: OK, I think we'd better move.
Danial: All right.

*Shake hands*

...

Danial: Thanks for everything, Hafidz. And to you, Nadira.
Hafidz: No problem. I'll see you again...

*Still holding hands*

...

That was the stupidest moment ever. No exchange of good-bye hugs.


When I recounted what happened to Yuinyi and Mei Yueh, they said,


"WHAT???"

... Now, I regret it. :(


*****

In the midst of effusive state of mind, I found this song, entitled "Remembering You" by Steven Curtis Chapman (The Chronicles of Narnia OST - Wardrobe).


This song is dedicated not only to Danial and Pet, but also to:


1) Nadira Ahmad Termizi, who has been astoundingly strong in facing weird farewell. And for being a very magnanimous person.

2) AYTR members. We can do it.

3) The "nine musketeers", who are going to make their dreams become reality in the USA this fall.

4) My INTEC friends. You are wonderful.

5) SMSKians everywhere, special shoutout to my batch. Hope to see all of us succeed.


I strongly recommend you to find this song first. Trust me, it's worth it. :D

*****

I found You in the most unlikely way
But really it was You who found me
And I found myself in the gifts that You gave
You gave me so much and I

I wish You could stay
but I'll, I'll wait for the day

[Chorus]
And I watch as the cold winter melts into spring
And I'll be remembering You
Oh and I'll smell the flowers and hear the birds sing
and I'll be remembering You, I'll be remembering You

From the first moment when I heard Your name
Something in my heart came alive
You showed me love and no words could explain
A love with the power to
Open the door
To a world I was made for

[Chorus]
And I watch as the cold winter melts into spring
And I'll be remembering You
Oh and I'll smell the flowers and hear the birds sing
and I'll be remembering You, I'll be remembering You

The dark night, the hard fight
The long climb up the hill knowing the cost
The brave death, the last breathe
The silence whispering all hope was lost
The thunder, the wonder
A power that brings the dead back to life

I wish You could stay
But I'll wait for the day
And though You've gone away
You come back and

[Chorus]
And I watch as the cold winter melts into spring
And I'll be remembering You
Oh and I'll smell the flowers and hear the birds sing
and I'll be remembering You, I'll be remembering You

And I'll watch as the sun fills a sky that was dark
And I'll be remembering You
And I'll think of the way that You fill up my heart
And I'll be remembering YouI'll be remembering You

I'll be remembering You
I'll be remembering You
I'll be remembering You

I'll be remembering You.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merci beaucoup mon ami. Tu es tres gentil avec moi et maitenant je suis raviee. Mais je ne sais pas jusqu'a quand.

[hope you understand that...XD haha]

Hey you know what's not fair? I'll be sending a whole bunch of people off at the airport next year including you and yet you guys wont be around to send me. Haha...

SuE RaY said...

i say... herm, the question that courses tru my mind is, when r u gonna fly again??
hehe, i 4got..

n, itz reli sad 2 c dem go(ceh, gaye mcm kenal) but in years 2 come, u'll c dem again..

don b 2 sad k..
:D

a v a said...

waaah, reading this is sad man.
i'm already thinking about the many people who are going to fly overseas T.T

P/S: i curi the pics can? *grins widely*

Pison The Great said...

Dira...

I'l look for it. For now, quite busy. Hehehe...

Why is it not fair? Think of my situation now. It's just the way it's meant to be.

When it's time for you to fly, then some people would write the same thing you wrote. :P

Again, it's the way it was meant to be.

Pison The Great said...

Sue Ray...

I'm flying next year... :P

And i'm not sad, after all. I'm more optimistic and hopeful.

:D

Pison The Great said...

Ava...

Y r u sad when u read this post? hehehe...

Remembering you is awesome, right?

*Pencuri... huh! :D*

Baizura said...

oi kitakkkkkkkkk. mwahahhah kiut juak kawan u ya eh. ;P ;P ;P
sikda chatbox kah????

SuE RaY said...

aha, that's great 2 hear..

that onli means i have more time 2 b wit u..

(ceh, bunyi cam lovestruck idiot je..)

hee hee..

wat i meant is, can visit u more in kl nnt..
rite2??

:D

Keoi said...

i just hate goodbyes...sighhh...

for the last two years during septembers...i went to KLIA on average 3 times a week just to send my friends abroad..(cyberjaya dkat je dgn klia).. ehhehe..sorry for couldn't make it to the airport to send pet n danial..not in the country at the moment..