Having a lifeless holiday is good, after all. Not to agree to what Teck Heng was saying in the previous post (he should be in my shoes), but what I'm saying is whole nother thing.
Well, since I'm majoring in Biotech (don't know whether I like it or not..), the idea of gardening is not bad. In fact, it's fun!
Really. I'm doing it every morning. Every morning. I even consider having a cactus for my next semester. At least, boredom won't assasinate me in Cendana.
Today, I took a stroll in town, killing my time after finished doing another vibrant session of gardening. Then, I realized the one reason why Kluang is not hit by the flood wave this time...
Well, At least for now. The climate change is about to burst with outrage in no time.
Yep, Pison. Back to what I'm intending to tell you.
Jaclyn Victor is not the first Asian Idol!!!!
You see, right before the announcement of the winner, all judges seemed to be in a catch-22 situation. They mentioned a couple of potential names:
- Mike
- Mau Marcello
- Jaclyn Victor
Instead of all these names, the 1st Asian Idol is the Singaporean Idol, Hady Mirza....!!
If you are still blur, read this.
Voting procedures
There are several differences in voting and tabulation between Asian Idol and other Idol shows. Unlike the latter wherein the viewers get to vote for one contestant, the voting procedure for Asian Idol requires viewers to send SMS votes for two favorite Idols, thus allowing contestants to receive votes aside from their respective countries.[6][21]
As consideration on population size among the participating countries, tabulation of votes are done through an "Equal and Even Cumulative Method", wherein the total votes of each country are converted into percentages.[21][22] The winner was determined through 50% viewers' votes and 50% judges' scores.[23]
There are, however, concerns about the accuracy of this voting procedure. As most if not all voters would have attempted to pair their own favorite with another contestant who in their view was the most unlikely winner so as to give their own singular favorite the most advantage possible (i.e. negative pairing). Under that circumstance, an undesirable effect may be that the unintended negative votes would actually accumulate to a large number if the majority decided on the same contestant as the candidate for negative pairing. In that event the result could be interpreted as voting for not the most popular idol but for a contestant that viewers believe to be the weakest candidate to become Asian Idol.[citation needed]
~taken from wikipedia.com~
This very concern, however, has become reality with the emergence of the Singaporean Idol as the 1st Asian Idol.
*****************************************************
I have even done my part in helping our Malaysian Idol to be Asian Idol, you know. At first I didn't want to waste 50 sen of my credit just to vote for her, but...
maktam: Apis, tak nak vote ke?
Apis@me: Buat ape. Apis memang nak tengok je, bukan nye serious sgt nak lekat dan TV ni...
maktam: Tak la, tapi at least kite do our part as Malaysians to help her to win.
Apis@me: What?? Are you saying this in the name of patriotism?
maktam: Hahaha... ye la!
***********************************************
Since I'm a patriotic Malaysian, I sent two votes! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment