Thursday, October 23, 2008

Of Recycling and The Habit

I was very lucky.

After meeting Puan Aida to pass up my group's empirical report, I decided to walk my way to Cemara, since it's just 15 minutes away. The bus would be reoperating at 1.30++pm.

On my way, I saw a banner hanging at the MBSA Section 17 hall, advertising its function as one of the recycling centers in Shah Alam. As I stood there, I thought that this could be a good idea to get rid of the mountain of newspapers in my room.

And so, I continued walking. Then, I bought a 100Plus from a Shell station because I wanted something to quench my thirst. Walking alone with my beloved MP3 *~MP3, u rock!~* while singing my lungs out when there was no one to bother you - the most awesome method to relieve stress! 

About 20 minutes producing noise pollution with very little harm to biodiversity, I arrived at Cemara entrance. As I was about to step into the vicinity of the college, I saw a hadful of rubbish flying into the drain. Curios as I have always been, I paced my steps faster to find out who threw the rubbish.

It was the guy in blue. He then gaily went back into the guardhouse. A rubbish bin was just nearby.

Yet, there I was, holding my 100Plus bottle even though I have finished drinking 10 minutes ago so that I could throw it away if I found any rubbish bin.

I felt so stupid.

This is the photo of the drain.



Now, can you tell me that Malaysians are reaching vision 2020?

1 comment:

Liz said...

er, let's try vision 2220, what do you think? =p