Friday, July 11, 2008

Sobri's Graduation Dinner

Hobey-Ho! I just came back from Sheraton Subang, and luck was on my side; the guards were in good mood. Hehehe...


Anyway, I did not regret coming to the event despite the sky-high fee of RM98. That was relatively pricy compared to the fee for ATUSA dinner that had been held last month, which I did not join for no intelligible reasons, but the dinner I attended was worth it.


I have been given the chance to witness the change of a very good friend of mine. Seriously, I've never imagined Sobri wanting to do traditional dance before!


Scroll down, will ya? :P




This is one thing about being Sarawakian; we are always on the eyes of lecturers to handle performances. With the rich diversity in ethnic uniqueness and culture, Sarawak and Sabah traditional dances would be the "apples of the eye", since people of the Peninsula seldom witness this "Heaven of Culture".
And I was awestruck by how embellished the dancing moves were! I wished my hands had not turned numb; wide-eyed Pison just couldn't press the sole button on his camera. I have never thought of break dancing integrated into the traditional dance! Awesome, with the disco light & haze effects, it was just...spectacular.
One word: ~WOW~
*****
Food...was...served...late! Anyway, these are the few dishes that I had.

The photo below is my all-time favorite snack! I could see the wide-eyed syndrome of the diners who shared the same table with me because of my eagerness in consuming "Cili Potong" incessantly. Seriously, non-stop! XD

*****

As soon as Umi and I said that we had to move,

Sobri: (with a very surprised look) What? So early? I have another performance!

Hafidz & Umi: [sweat, look at each other]... OK, we shall stay! XD

Pressenting a song by Chris Daughtry, "Home".

Looking at another person's parents' happy faces, I felt satisfied for being part of the equation, though I know I won't have any chance of experiencing this situation. Heck, at least I've witnessed it, right? :)

P/s: Way to go, memai!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha..good one...
didn't really expect dat u'll write a post for my grad nite tho..hehe
:p

Anonymous said...

cam best...really wanna see u in that iban dress.... sophisticated.XD

Photomaniac Enterprise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pison The Great said...

Sob,

din expect? WTH! XD

Well, the nyte was awesome, with hot chicks at every corner... Woohooo!

Thx 4 the nyte, n congratz. :)